Flight Instructor (FI) Rating
- 4 weeks
- Hold a PPL(A), CPL(A) or ATPL(A) issued in accordance with Part-FCL
- Hold a valid medical certificate issued in accordance with Part-MED
- Have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction in aeroplanes, of which no more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time
- Have completed at least 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight time in aeroplanes or TMGs
- Have passed a pre-entry flight test in accordance with FCL.930.FI(a)
- Have completed at least 30 hours flight time on single engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours must have been completed in the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test in (e) above
- Have completed a VFR cross-country flight as PIC of at least 540km (300nm) in the course of which full stop landings at two different aerodromes were made
- Met the general prerequisites for instructors at FCL.915
- Show evidence of English language proficiency at least equal to ICAO Level 4
- Additionally, in the case of the holder of a PPL(A):
- Have met the requirements for CPL(A) or ATPL(A) knowledge
- Have completed at least 200 hours of flight time in aeroplanes or TMGs .
Training / Examinations
- 125 hours of theoretical knowledge training and at least 30 hours of flight training
Up to 5 hours of the flight training on the FI(A) course may be mutual flying, that is two applicants flying together to practice flight demonstrations.
License issue requirements
- Proficiency test
Start you journey here
It has never been easier to start your aviation career.